About you and your passion?
As a homemaker, I have always loved hosting people and cook different cuisines. During the lockdown last year, the passion for creating new and innovative recipes grew and I created an Instagram account to share my passion for food. I am constantly thinking about presentation and styling of food, which is an integral part of the process. I started food styling with props and lights to give it a better look. I even did an online workshop on it to hone my skills. It was so encouraging when I was invited to make a presentation for a well-being group.
What do you like most about LivFresh?
Presentation of food is a very critical and important part of the food. As the saying goes, you eat with your eyes first. If food is not presentable, half of the battle is lost.
I was excited when LivFresh offered me to create recipes with their products. LivFresh Farms has amazing fresh produce. They are constantly introducing different and innovative products and produce every few weeks. I’m thrilled to be a part of this adventure.
A few tips I am going to share are:
- Always garnish your food
- Use appropriate dinnerware and platters according to the food you are serving
- Use bright colour platters if the food has more of browns and whites
What are some of your favourite products from LivFresh?
My favourite LivFresh products are their fresh harvested salad greens, Asian greens, tortillas, burrata, kale.
What are some of your favourite meals/snacks you’ve prepared using LivFresh products?
There are so many dishes that I have made from LivFresh products, and they are all my favourite. I will keep innovating new recipes with their produce. Here are some of my top favourites:
- Kale chips
- Lettuce cups with tiger butterhead lettuce
- Quesadillas and wraps with their spinach and tomato tortillas
- Burrata and their sourdough bread. Perfect combination for appetiser
- Seedy lavash goes well with homemade hummus
- Lavash with different toppings like tomatoes, guacamole, cheese
- Cherry tomato risotto with Burrata
For more recipes and presentation ideas follow Jasel on her Instagram @gourmetaffaire or Facebook page Gourmet Affaire (https://www.facebook.com/gourmetaffaire/)