Malted Sour-Dough Bread
Freshly baked to order. All natural. Hand crafted.
Malted sour-dough bread is created from whole grain barley malt after it’s been dried at low heat. This keeps the enzymes in the malt active that help break down starches and results in a softer texture.
Ingredients: Water, wild yeast starter, barley malt, wholemeal, plain flours, salt
Nutritional and Health Benefits
Malt is germinated cereal grain that has been dried in a process known as "malting". Malted grain that has been ground into a coarse meal. Various cereals are malted, barley is the most common.
A heart-healthy mix, malt contains fiber, potassium, folate, and vitamin B6, which together lower cholesterol and decrease the risk of cardiac disease. Its dietary fiber helps reduce insulin activity and increases cholesterol absorption from the gut and encourages cholesterol breakdown. Malt Sourdough is a healthier alternative to regular white or whole wheat bread. Although it has comparable nutrients, the lower phytate levels mean it is more digestible and nutritious. The prebiotics also help to keep your gut bacteria happy, and it may be less likely to spike blood sugar levels.
Ideas to enjoy and Bread Care
Ideas to enjoy
- Make it into a bread bowl for soup. Hollowed out sourdough rounds are sturdy enough to hold most soups. The best part? Eating the bowl after you’ve finished the soup!
- Make it into bread crumbs. Sourdough bread crumbs are flavorful enough to serve as a delicious topping on creamy soups.
- Use it in bread pudding. For an extra-simple savory bread pudding, simply toast slices of sourdough and layer with artichokes, cheese and a mix of milk and eggs, then bake.
- Use it in stuffing. it’s a great side dish for any meal. Cubed sourdough bread is a great base for any recipe, but it’s especially delicious in an extra-cheesy variation.
- Your Fresh Loaf will last 2 days at room tempreature.
- On the second day it is best to slice your bread and wrap it in the cling film for storage in the freezer.
- It will last in the freezer atleaset a month
- Simply rehaeat the bread by toasting the slices before you relish it!
Basil Avocado Strawberry Toast
- sliced strawberries
- balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- ripe avocado
- fresh lemon juice
- sea salt
- toasted Malted Sourdough Bread
- fresh basil
- hemp seeds, optional for added protein
Place the strawberries in a small bowl and toss with a small drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Slice the avocado in half, then score into cubes. Add a squeeze of lemon and a pinch of salt right into the avocado. Scoop it out and use the back of a fork to smash it onto the toast.
Top toasts with strawberries, basil, a sprinkle of hemp seeds, if using, and more sea salt to taste. Enjoy!