Country Sour Dough Bread- 500gm loaf
$6.50 — available on subscription
Freshly baked in Singapore. All natural. Hand crafted.
Sourdough is a healthier alternative to regular white or whole wheat bread. It has lower phytate levels and higher probiotics making it more nutritious digestible, and keepsyour gut bacteria happy!
Ingredients: A mixture of Wheat Flour, Water, Levain, Wholemeal flour, Rye Flour, Salt. A long, slow ferment helps to create a loaf with a tasty tangy flavor, chewy texture and crisp, crackly crust.
- It’s unique because it does not require commercial yeast in order to rise. The ingredient list for sourdough is much shorter than any supermarket bakery varieties. Other types of breads have oils, sugar, preservatives, and other chemicals in their ingredient list. Sourdough bread recipes contain three simple ingredients. To make it, you need salt, flour, and the magical alchemy of a sourdough starter
- From a health standpoint, it dominates when compared to supermarket loaves. The naturally occurring acids and long fermentation help to break down the gluten, making it more digestible and easy for the body to absorb.
- Healthy bacteria in sourdough bread works to reduce yeast populations, so the likelihood of infection and/or overgrowth is substantially lower.
- Sourdough bread contains acetic acid, which naturally prevent the growth of mold. It naturally preserves itself, meaning that toxic preservatives are not required to make it last. So it won’t go bad – and you can opt out of the hazardous build-up of preservatives. .
- The presence of bacteria, due to sourdough’s unique fermentation process, improves sourdough’s nutritional profile. This allows for better nutrient absorption, improved gut health.
- Studies have even shown fermentation alters the structure of carbohydrates in the dough for better blood sugar control and a lower score on the glycemic index.
- Butter Enjoy melted butter on your bread fresh out of the oven, or enjoy it cold too.
- Fresh Jam or Jelly
- Basil, Mozzarella & Tomato If you love Caprese, you will love topping your sourdough with fresh basil, tomato and mozzarella.
- Avocado Sliced avocado with sea salt and pepper sprinkled on top.
- Mushrooms with Caramelized Onions Brown the mushrooms in a pan, remove the mushrooms and then add your sliced onion. Caramelize the onions with 1-2 teaspoons of sugar and 2 teaspoons of water. Keep them in the pan for about 5 minutes and then add them to your mushrooms.
- Hummus Hummus is a great source of protein and it’s also a delicious topping to your fresh sourdough.
- Peanut Butter / Savory Spread
- Garlic & Shiitake Mushroom Mix up your ingredients in a pan with some olive oil, salt and pepper, spread them on your toast.
- Nut Butter, Banana & Blueberries Classic Peanut Butter and Banana sandwich. Spreading it with your choice of nut butter with slices of fresh banana and a handful of blueberries.
- Chorizo Try adding your chorizo, or veggie chorizo, to your toast with a mushroom saute and some sea salt.
- Greek Yogurt & Fresh Berries Adding a bit of greek yogurt and your favorite assortment of berries as a topper.
- Your Fresh Loaf will last 2 days at room tempreature.
- On the second day it is best to slice your bread and wrap it in the cling film for storage in the freezer.
- It will last in the freezer atleaset a month
- Simply rehaeat the bread by toasting the slices before you relish it !
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, or pinenuts)
- 1 Cup packed Basil leaves or flat leaf parsley
- 2 Cups packed Arugula
- 1/3 Cup olive oil,
- 1/8 C fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
Nutritional and Health Benefits
Ideas to enjoy and Bread Care
Sourdough Bread Toppings
Grilled Sourdough with Caprese and Arugula Pesto
Arugula Pesto (makes one cup)
Preheat oven to 375F
Make Arugula Pesto: Place garlic, almonds, basil and arugula in the food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pulse until combined, scraping down sides as necessary.
Layer fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and arugula pesto between two slices of bread. Heat 1 T butter and 1 T olive oil in a heavy bottom oven skillet. Lightly crisp and brown each side, then place in the hot oven. Bake until cheese is completely melty, about 10 minutes.
Add fresh arugula Enjoy !