For a new twist on the usual hummus or guacamole, try this delicious mash-up of the two.
Freshly and locally made without using any preservaties. Exotic taste with simple ingredients.
Ingredients: Chickpeas, Avacado, Lemon juice, Salt, Olive oil
- Avocado hummus
- Sliced red, yellow, and orange peppers,
- Celery sticks, for serving
- Sliced cucumber, for serving
- Cherry tomatoes,
- Baby carrots
- Belgian endive leaves
- Use what is in season, and look for vibrant, rich colors!
- Mix in Breads and Buns. Serve Cheese or pita chips on the side (optional).
- Include at least 4 types of vegetables (pickled is always good, too!)
- Include a dip.
- If a green vegetable, such as asparagus or snap peas, or string beans, blanch the veggies first to bring out the color.
- Separate heads of small crisp lettuces, such as endive or radicchio.
- Cut the vegetables within 2 hours of party time to keep them fresh!
- Tips to a Delicious Crudités Platter
Why Avacado and Chickpeas?
When we eat chickpeas, the base ingredient of hummus, we are getting amazing amounts of fiber, zinc, copper, and iron. These are all immune boosting nutrients that create a balanced environment in our bodies. Igniting a chain reaction of events that are protective to our hearts, our digestive systems, our cellular structure, and our immune functions. That is just the chickpeas! Add the from the avocados and we have an aid for maximum absorption of the alpha and beta carotene which are in most of these raw veggies. They are similar in terms of total fat and calories but guacamole has higher levels of mono-unsaturated fatty acids (MUFA). MUFAs may lower your cholesterol and help regulate your blood sugar levels. Hummus has a higher protein content, which may help you feel fuller for longer
Ways to enjoy & Storage
it’s great with crudités, crackers and corn chips, or as a sandwich spread. Serve this with barbecued lamb or chicken skewers wrapped in pita bread with lettuce and fresh tomato.
How do you store Avocado Hummus?
Storing hummus properly means transferring it into an airtight container, drizzle a little bit of olive oil on top of it to keep it moist and then store it in the fridge.
You can store Livfresh Avacado hummus in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. However, this avocado hummus does brown.
avacado hummus with fresh
When we live in full color. So it wants to part of this bowl of food. Avocado Hummus with Fresh Crudite’ Bowl is fancy and yummy! This Crudités Platter highlights all the vegetables that you love, along with some new ones, in a simple and beautiful display. The traditional veggie tray just got a little more exciting!