Fresh Baby Kale~60g (2 plugs)
$4.00 — available on subscription
Out of stock
Freshly picked upon Order.
Pollutant and pesticide free.
Livfresh Living Baby Kale is Nutrient-rich, non-GMO, and sustainably grown in Singapore.
Kale is among the most Nutrient- Dense foods on the planet, and Livfresh Baby Kale is cultivated for maximum nutrition profile and texture.
- Raw, in a salad – Kale doesn’t need to be cooked to be enjoyed.
- Cooked and boiled – Kale is a seriously tough green, and while it can be great in raw salads, sometime we like it soft and silky.
- In a soup – Kale’s sturdy texture makes it the perfect green to throw into a pot of soup.
- In pasta – Kale is great with pasta.
- Prepare a pot / vase wit a cup of water
- Put the living plant in the pot
- Place the living of plants away from direct sun
- Top up the pot with water (~100ml) daily. Ensure roots are partially submerged
- Pluck/harvest and consume the plants fresh whenever. No washing required
- Remove the greens from the cup and tap them gently
- Cut the roots (roots are excellent source of compost and nutrition for your potted plants)
- Line a box or zip lock bag with the paper towel
- Loosely fill the bag or box with the greens.
- Seal and store in the fridge.
- Roasted chickpeas
- Lemon juice,
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Black pepper
- Baby Kale
- Parmesan cheese
Nutritional and Health Benefits
Livfresh Baby Kale is Nutrient-rich, Pesticides-free, non-GMO, and sustainably grown in Singapore.
Baby kale is known to be a nutritional powerhouse. Baby and adult kale are nutritionally similar. Baby kale has a slightly milder flavor, but the main difference is that baby kale is more tender and easier to eat raw.
Ideas to enjoy and Storage
Baby kale is a younger version of kale. Baby kale’s flavor isn’t as strong, so be gentle. Instead of using this as a base, use baby kale as a supplement to other greens in salads. It gets you a hint of the kale flavor and those dark leafy green nutrients without the need to commit completely.
How to use Baby Kale
*LivFresh living plants are grown hydroponically, so if you try and re-pot them in soil, they will not grow. But the roots and the cocopeat becomes excellent compost for your indoor plants.
Storage I, upto 4 days
Storage II, after 4 days
Protein Packed Baby Kale Salad
In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the greens androasted chickpeas toss until evenly coated. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Arrange on plates and top with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Ravioli Spinach & Ricotta-12 pieces (2 servings)$12.50 — available on subscription
Out of Stock
Mighty Microgreens (Mustard & Kale)-1 pot$5.00 — available on subscription
Out of Stock