Big Bag of Asian Greens
Locally grown in our farm. Freshly picked every wedensady. Mix of Buk Choy and Choy Sim. Our greens are cultivated for maximum nutition profile and texture. Feel the CRUNCH! Pollutant and pesticide free. 500grams of freshly harvested Asian greens.
Nutritional and Health Benefits
Livfresh Asian Greens are Nutrient-rich, Pesticide-free, non-GMO, and sustainably grown in Singapore.
Asian leafy greens such as bok choy, choy sum, are excellent sources of calcium, iron, and vitamins A and C, and antioxidants that help boost immunity and protect the body against cell damage. they contain high amounts of fiber, folic acid and potassium to help improve gut health and digestion. The iron and calcium in Asian greens is more readily absorbed than traditional leafy greens such as spinach and silver beet.
Ideas to enjoy and Storage
All parts of Asian Greens can be consumed. In addition to its low-calorie and high nutrient content, its mildly sweet flavor and crisp texture make it an agreeable addition to almost any dish.
Try them raw! Cooking vegetables reduces some of the nutrients they contain.
Some quick tips:
- shred raw Asian greensand toss with other fresh vegetables to make a salad
- add chopped Asian Greens to hot and sour soup
- stir-fry Asian Greens with a variety of vegetables, some soy sauce, and sesame oil
- sauté fresh garlic and ginger in olive oil until soft, then add Asian Greens and continue to sauté until desired tenderness
- mix minced Asian Greens, mushrooms, chives, and soy sauce to make a homemade dumpling filling
How to store your fresh greens
- Remove the greens from the brown bag and tap them gently
- Line a box or zip lock bag with the paper towel
- Loosely fill the bag or box with the greens.
- Seal and store in the fridge.
Garlic Bok Choy
Simple Asian Greens Receipe
Ingredients in this Garlic Bok Choy Recipe
- 1 tbsp oil
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 large shallots (minced)
- 2 pounds baby bok choy (halved or quartered)
- 2 tbsp Asian Dressing
How to cook bok choy
- Wash and quarter each stalk of bok choy
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat and add the oil.
- As soon as the oil is hot, add the garlic and the shallots, and sautè for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the bok choy, Asian Dressing Toss and cover.
- Continue to cook the bok choy until white parts reach desired doneness.