Pollutant and pesticide free.
With very distinctive long, dark leaves, cavolo nero is also known as Tuscan kale or more commonly black kale or black cabbage. Our Kale is best suited for salads and smoothies.
- Look for kale with dark bunches and small to medium leaves.
- Moist, crisp and unwilted kale is best.
- Avoid kale with yellowed or brown leaves.
- Since kale stems are also edible, ensure they also are in good condition.
- Remove the greens from the brown bag and tap them gently
- Line a box or zip lock bag with the paper towel
- Loosely fill the bag or box with the greens.
- Seal and store in the fridge.
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 4 tablespoons)
- Red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound Tuscan kale
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 small cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans (or use the LivFresh white bean dip)
- Toasted sourdough slice
Strip kale off any tough stems. Add the leaves and coarse salt to the boiling water. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well and squeeze but do not remove all the moisture.
Puree half the kale with 1/4 cup oil, garlic and fine salt in a food processor to form a smooth, stiff paste. Coarsely chop the remaining kale and mix it with the kale paste in a bowl.
Combine 1/2 cup kale paste with white beans in another bowl.
Top each piece of toasted Sourdough with a generous tablespoon of the kale-bean mixture. Serve drizzled with a little olive oil, if desired
Nutritional and Health Benefits
Kale is super-rich in antioxidants, Vitamins K, A, and C, and other minerals like iron. The antioxidants and other phytonutrients help prevent dangerous ailments like cancer, heart disease, and inflammation. Vitamin K preserves bones while Vitamin A enhances vision health.
Select and Store Kale
How To Select Kale?
How to store Kale?
Ideas to enjoy
Raw Tuscan Kale Salad
To make the salad:
For Dressing, mash the garlic glove and place into a medium-sized bowl. Add the salt and mix it together until a paste forms. Add the cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, cracked black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Whisk to combine.
For Salad, Wash and remove the thick “stem” from the center of the kale leaves and discard. Cut the kale into thin ribbons. Place the kale in a large salad bowl and pour some of the dressing on it. Mix well, as the dressing is thick. Top with whole wheat bread crumbs.
Tuscan Kale & White Bean Sourdough Toast