Organic Cacao Nibs
100% natural. Organic. No sugar.
Cacao nibs are the connoisseurs' chocolate chips. They have a richer flavour and more bitter taste than even dark chocolate. Rich source of magnesium and iron.
Cacao nibs make an excellent addition to many dishes, including smoothies, baked goods, beverages, and even added to cereals. Crunch in!
Ingredients: Fermented Solar Dried Organic Cacao Beans, no additives, no Preservatives and no Fats.
Our cacao is 100% natural and pure, without sugar or additives.
Cacao nibs are small pieces of crushed cacao beans that have a bitter, chocolatey flavor. They’re produced from beans derived from the Theobroma cacao tree. Cocoa beans are dried after harvesting, then fermented and cracked to produce small, dark bits — or cacao nibs.
These rich, chocolatey nibs though small in size are loaded with nutrients and powerful plant compounds that have been shown to benefit health in many ways. They’re amongst the least processed cocoa products on the market and substantially lower in sugar than other chocolate products. They’re also a good source of fiber, protein, and healthy fats,minerals, exceptionally rich in antioxidants that help reduce oxidative stress and inflammation. Cacao nibs have been linked to reduced heart disease and diabetes risk, as well as other health benefits.
Ideas to enjoy and Storage
Cacao nibs can be easily incorporated into a variety of both sweet and savory recipes, keeping in mind that cacao nibs have a rich flavor and much more bitter taste than even the darkest of chocolates, as they contain no added sweeteners. For this reason, sweetness may have to be adjusted when swapping regular chocolate for cacao nibs in recipes.
- Toss cacao nibs into your favorite smoothie.
- Use them in baked goods like muffins and breads.
- Blend cacao nibs into homemade nut butters.
- Stir them into your morning oatmeal.
- Mix them with nuts and dried fruit for an energy-packed snack.
- Add cacao nibs to coffee drinks like lattes and cappuccinos.
- Use them in savory sauces, such as barbecue sauces and mole.
- Blend them into hot chocolate or homemade nut milks.
- Incorporate cacao nibs with coconut, almond butter, and puréed dates to make healthy energy balls.
- Use them in place of chocolate chips in granola recipes.
- Sprinkle roasted cacao nibs on top of yogurt.
There are many ways to enjoy cacao nibs. Try experimenting with this cocoa product in your kitchen to find more unique and delicious uses for this highly nutritious ingredient.
How to store Cacao nibs
- Cacao nibs can last for several years if kept in the right condition and stored properly.
- Store them in an airtight container, or in an airtight plastic bag.
- The container with the cacao nibs should be kept in a dark, cool and dry location.
Cacao nib and coconut Bites
- 100g of caster sugar
- 200g of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 300g of wheat flour, self-raising
- 100g of desiccated coconut, grated
- 30g of cacao nibs
For Cacao nib and coconut Bites
- Start by preheating the oven to 180°C Grease and line a large baking tray
- In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar with the butter and egg until smooth
- Slowly add the flour, the coconut and baking powder, then knead until smooth. Roll out the dough, sprinkle over the cacao nibs and knead again for 2 minutes until the cacao nibs are well incorporated.
- Make balls of dough,and place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between them
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then remove and allow to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar and they're ready, Enjoy...!