Ravioli Spinach & Ricotta
LivFresh ravioli is freshly made and as promised, always free from chemicals and preservatives. So now, make Wednesday nights - Ravioli Nights!
Ingredients: Soft-wheat flour, Durum-wheat, Semolina and Egg yolks, geneously filled with Ricotta Cheese and Spinach
Why Choose Fresh?
Fresh pasta is often lauded as superior to dried pasta as they represent superior taste and quality. Freshly-made products are wholesome, healthier, more flavoursome, and free of troublesome preservatives.
At Livfresh we belive nothing beats fresh, handmade pasta paired with a delicious artisanal sauce. Delicate and Tender. Perfectly Suited for Lighter and Creamy Sauces. Cooks in half the time as compared to dry pasts, making it a super quick, delicious, and hearty meal.
Cooking and Storing
How to cook Fresh Ravioli
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt.
- Add Ravioli to boiling water.
- Cook Ravioli 3 to 4. When Ravioli floats is ready. Do not rinse.
- Remove from water, toss Ravioli with olive oil or sauce
- Salty water and cooking time are the secret for a perfect al dente Ravioli Dish. Salting water will ensure that the whole pasta dish taste good.
- If you want to try baking your ravioli, spoon a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a baking pan, layer with uncooked ravioli and then spoon a little more sauce on top.
Ravioli with Garlic-Herb Oil
1/4 cup olive oil
1 large clove garlic
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 c. flat leaf parsley
2 tbsp. snipped chives
Cook the ravioli, drain and return them to the pot.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the oil, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes over medium heat until the garlic turns light golden, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and add to the ravioli. Add the chives, parsley and 1/4 tsp salt and gently toss to combine. Enjoy!
Tomato Cream Sauce for Ravioli
- 2 1/2 cups tomato puree
- 1 carrot quartered
- 1 small stalk celery quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups - 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup whole cream
In a medium to large pot add butter, tomato puree, carrot, celery,water and salt, stir and cook on low to medium heat, half covered till thickened, for approximately 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally
Once thickened add the cream ,stir to combine and cook for about 1 minute, turn off heat.
Serve over cooked ravioli or pasta.