Spicy Salad Leaves Jam or Dip
This is a great way to mask the greens when you have kids or adults 😉 who don’t like salad leaves. Also when the old leaves are wilting, this dip comes to your rescue.
It’s very versatile, can be used as a dip, as a spread for the sandwiches, for pastas, garnish for charcuterie platter, marination for your meats and vegetables.
This recipe makes 1 medium size bowl.
- 3 cups of salad greens @ livfresh
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 small size gherkins( pickled cucumber)
- 3 tbsp of gherkin brine ( liquid)
- 3 small slice of pickled jalapeños
- 1 tsp mustard sauce
- 2-3 kernels of walnuts (optional )
- Salt and pepper to taste
Joy of cooking
- In a small pan take 1 tsp oil and put the washed and towel dried salad leaves. Flash fry for 2 mins till all its moisture is absorbed. Keep aside
- In the same pan take remaining oil and cook the onions for 2-3 mins.
- Cool the salad leaves and onions in the fridge for 5-10 mins
- In a blender take gherkins, brine, jalapeños, mustard, salt, walnuts, greens and onions and blend. Keep it little coarse. Your choice if you want it smooth.
- Adjust the seasoning. Can use more mustard or brine to make it little tangy or more jalapeños to make it spicy. Enjoy!
Tip: You can use mix of salad greens or any one of the variety. If you don’t have gherkins or jalapeños, use vinegar, more of mustard and green chilli.
To enjoy the joy of cooking and food presentation ideas follow Jesal on her Instagram
Gourmet Affaire (https://www.facebook.com/gourmetaffaire/)
As a homemaker, I have always loved hosting people and cook different cuisines. During the lockdown last year, the passion for creating new and innovative recipes grew and I created an Instagram account to share my passion for food. I am constantly thinking about presentation and styling of food, which is an integral part of the process. I started food styling with props and lights to give it a better look. I even did an online workshop on it to hone my skills. It was so encouraging when I was invited to make a presentation for a well-being group.