Asian Greens Minestrone Soup
Soup is clear base with the aromatics like ginger, garlic, vinegar onions, vegetable stock and greens which are boiled together for the taste. Lastly salt and pepper to taste. This clear soup is topped with sautéed Asian greens, edamame beans, noodles, mushrooms, bean sprouts, snapeas.
Try Asian green minestrone soup.. Full of Asian flavours with crunchy greens A hearty bowl of spicy broth with green veggies.
- 2 cups Asian greens
- 3 tbsp frozen edamame beans
- 2-3 mushrooms
- 4-5 sweet peas
- 1/4 cup flat noodles
- Handful of bean sprouts
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 onion finely cut
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 vegetable stock
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp peanut butter
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spring onions for garnish
- Soy sauce, dumplings and corn flour slurry (optional )
Joy of cooking
- Boil the noodles, edamame and sweet peas. Sauté greens and mushrooms in 1 tsp ginger garlic paste. Set everything aside.
- For the broth sauté remaining ginger, garlic and onion. Add 2 cups of water and boil. Add hot sauce, vinegar salt pepper, and peanut butter. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
- Can add little corn flour slurry if you want to make it thick.
- Pour boiling broth into a bowl and place all the greens, beans, peas, sprouts, mushrooms and noodles. Garnish with spring onions.
To enjoy the joy of cooking and food presentation ideas follow Jesal on her Instagram
Gourmet Affaire (https://www.facebook.com/gourmetaffaire/)
As a homemaker, I have always loved hosting people and cook different cuisines. During the lockdown last year, the passion for creating new and innovative recipes grew and I created an Instagram account to share my passion for food. I am constantly thinking about presentation and styling of food, which is an integral part of the process. I started food styling with props and lights to give it a better look. I even did an online workshop on it to hone my skills. It was so encouraging when I was invited to make a presentation for a well-being group.