An aromatic and flavorful dressing hits the right balance of freshness and tanginess. The key to this salad dressing is fresh Cilantro, freshly squeezed citrus juice. It’s truly the best Cilantro Lime dressing.
Made to order, healthy, no sugar, no preservatives, no artifical flavours, colours or ingredients. Vegan, gluten free. Perfect salad dressing or fantastic marinade.
Ingredients : Olive oil, Rice vinegar, Cumin powder, Garlic, Ginger, Smoked paprika, Chilli powder, Salt, Black pepper
Can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks after opening. Shake well before pouring.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 5 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shelled edamame (steamed from frozen)
- 1 cup corn (steamed from frozen)
- 1 cup black beans (canned – drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño , finely chopped (or swap for 1/3 cup bell pepper)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- chopped fresh cilantro to taste
- fresh salad leaves
- cilantro lime salad dressing
- First rinse and drain your quinoa using a mesh strainer or sieve. Bring a small pot to medium heat and lightly toast the quinoa to remove any excess water, stirring often. This step is optional but really adds to the nuttiness and fluff factor of the quinoa! Next add your water, set burner to high, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered with the lid slightly ajar, for 12-13 minutes or until quinoa is fluffy and the liquid has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa cooks, use this time to prep remaining ingredients and steam your corn and edmame if needed.
- Finely chop red onion and rinse with cold water in a sieve/strainer to take away some of the “bite”. Finely chop jalapeno (minus seeds – or use bell pepper if preferred) and dice or slice tomatoes, roughly chop salad leaves.
- Once your quinoa is ready, fluff with a fork and season with salt and pepper, to taste. For a chilled salad, chill your quinoa in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before tossing with veggies.
- Add black beans, edamame, corn, chopped tomato, jalapeno (or bell pepper) and chopped red onion, salad leaves. Whisk/shake dressing once more then pour over salad. Mix well.
- Garnish with extra cilantro and any additoinal salt and pepper desired. Dig in right away or chill before serving. Enjoy!
Most store-bought salad dressings are made with soybean or canola oils, mainly unsaturated “good” fats. But many dressings are also packed with artificial flavours, colours and sodium-rich preservatives, which contain full-fat cheese, added sugars like high-fructose corn syrup, and even unhealthy trans fat.
Livfresh Cilantro Lime Salad dressing is Healthy, nutritious, Vegan, gluten free and packed with flavour, swap it in for store-bought varieties in your favourite salads, side dishes, and appetizers.
*We belive in sustainability, and minimizing carbon footprints. We will be thankfull, if you return our Dressing Bottles back, at your next delivery.
Cilantro Lime Quinoa Salad
Livfresh Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing is a perfect “Artisan homemade Delight”, which along with salads can be used as Sides,
To Roast Chickpeas, To Marinate, To Flavour BBQ’s, To Stir Fry Rice, To Liven Up Grain and Legumes, For Grilling Skewers, With Potatoes, Tossed with Veggies before Roasting, In a Stir Fry, Making Spring Rolls.
Cilantro Lime Quinoa Salad
This make-ahead Cilantro Lime Quinoa Salad is vegetarian and gloriously gluten-free, making it perfect for meal prep, parties, potlucks, and weekday lunches, Enjoy!
To Make The Salad