Seriously Fresh Arugula
Locally grown in our farm. Freshly picked every wedensady.
Seriously fresh, living Arugula - Harvest as you consume!
We have chosen our Arugula, after careful trials with multiple varieties, for a more prominent peppery flavour and nutrition profile. This variety has oval leaves with less pronounced serrations in the leaf. Its substance over form!
Pollutant and pesticide free.
2 plugs; ~60g
Nutritional and Health Benefits
Livfresh Arugula is Nutrient-rich, Pesticides-free, non-GMO, and sustainably grown in Singapore.
Arugula is a peppery, distinctive-tasting green, It’s also known as Rucola, salad rocket, and Italian cress. This delicious green is a nutrient-dense food that is high in fibre and phytochemicals. Arugula is low in sugar, calories, carbohydrates, and fat. It’s high in several vital nutrients. Arugula can be chewed to help combat sour breath.
Ideas to Enjoy & Storage
- Unlike many subtler-tasting salad greens, arugula’s highly distinctive and peppery crunch adds flair to salads and other cold dishes.
- Arugula is delicious raw, and it can be used as a healthy add-on topping for pizza, nachos, sandwiches, and wraps.
- It can be served as a side salad with nothing more than a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Arugula’s leaf shape and taste also make it an interesting complement to citrus fruit and berry salads.
- When arugula is cooked, it loses some of its peppery punch, becoming mellower in taste.
*LivFresh living plants are grown hydroponically, so if you try and re-pot them in soil, they will not grow. But the roots and the cocopeat becomes excellent compost for your indoor plants.
Storage I, upto 4 days
- Prepare a pot / vase wit a cup of water
- Put the living plant in the pot
- Place the living of plants away from direct sun
- Top up the pot with water (~100ml) daily. Ensure roots are partially submerged
- Pluck/harvest and consume the plants fresh whenever. No washing required
Storage II, after 4 days
- Remove the greens from the cup and tap them gently
- Cut the roots (roots are excellent source of compost and nutrition for your potted plants)
- Line a box or zip lock bag with the paper towel
- Loosely fill the bag or box with the greens.
- Seal and store in the fridge.
Arugula and Walnut Salad
- Fresh arugula
- Cherry tomatoes
- Chopped Walnuts
Livfresh Mediterranean Salad Dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For Arugula and Walnut Munch
In a large salad bowl, combine arugula, cherry tomato, and walnuts.
Add Livfresh Mediterranean Salad Dressing and salt. Toss to incorporate all the ingredients. Enjoy !