Fresh Baby Kale
Locally grown in our farm. Freshly picked every Wednesday. Living Baby Kale
Our greens are cultivated for maximum nutrition profile and texture. Feel the CRUNCH!
Pollutant and pesticide free.
2 plugs; ~60g
Nutritional and Health Benefits
Livfresh Baby Kale are Nutrient-rich, Pesticides-free, non-GMO, and sustainably grown in Singapore.
Baby kale is known to be a nutritional powerhouse. Baby and adult kale are nutritionally similar. Baby kale has a slightly milder flavor, but the main difference is that baby kale is more tender and easier to eat raw.
Ideas to enjoy and Storage
Baby kale is a younger version of kale. Baby kale’s flavor isn’t as strong, so be gentle. Instead of using this as a base, use baby kale as a supplement to other greens in salads. It gets you a hint of the kale flavor and those dark leafy green nutrients without the need to commit completely.
How to use Baby Kale
- Raw, in a salad – Kale doesn't need to be cooked to be enjoyed.
- Cooked and boiled – Kale is a seriously tough green, and while it can be great in raw salads, sometime we like it soft and silky.
- In a soup – Kale's sturdy texture makes it the perfect green to throw into a pot of soup.
- In pasta – Kale is great with pasta.
How to store your fresh Baby Kale
- Remove the greens from the brown bag and tap them gently
- Cut the roots
- Line a box or zip lock bag with the paper towel
- Loosely fill the bag or box with the greens.
- Seal and store in the fridge.
Protein Packed Baby Kale Salad
- Roasted chickpeas
- Lemon juice,
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Black pepper
- Baby Kale
- Parmesan cheese
In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the greens androasted chickpeas toss until evenly coated. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Arrange on plates and top with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!